Careers at Xamax
Xamax Industries Quality And EH&S Manager
The Quality and EH&S Manager will plan, design, set up, modify, optimize, and monitor quality in our industrial facility. The responsibilities encompass all aspects of quality – from confirming quality of materials received from vendors thru finished products being shipped to customers; Xamax converts non-woven, technical paper, plastics, laminates, films and cotton into inventive material solutions. This individual helps develop, implement and manage quality control systems designed to ensure continuous production of advanced materials and applications (consistent with established standards, customer specifications and production goals and compliance standards). S/he monitors and advises on the performance of the quality management system, produces data and reports on performance, measuring against set standards to ensure that the quality management system is functioning properly. Where appropriate, s/he advises on changes and how to implement them and provides training, tools and techniques to enable others to achieve quality standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Refine and implement company’s quality procedures, standards and specifications
- Review customer requirements and ensure standards are met; revising as appropriate
- Work with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers
- Ensure manufacturing and converting processes meet national and international standards
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products
- Formulate, document and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives
- Provide, and oversee, inspection activity for product throughout production cycle
- Apply total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes
- Interact with vendors to ensure quality of all purchased materials
- IS0-9000 Internal Manager
- Be a Stewart of continuous improvement, increasing efficiency and reducing waste
- Supervise workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity
- Provide technical and statistical expertise to team
- Coordinate objectives with production procedures to maximize product reliability, minimize costs
- Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures
- Create and direct environmental test functions and applications
- Maintain active role on internal continuous improvement team.
- Interpret quality control philosophy to key personnel within company.
- Design, develop and implement quality control training program.
- Design and develop new products and product mock-ups alongside the creative team
- Document all activities as required.
- Any additional responsibility deemed necessary by management.
- Create processes and procedures to help the company meet budgetary goals as well as performance quotas
- Establish an effective and efficient work sequence
- Meet or exceed labor content and product cost standards utilizing good assembly methodologies
- Support and maintain error-proofing methodologies
- Support facility and production enhancements
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformance relating to product, processes systems.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 3-5 years related experience in manufacturing or assembly processes
- Working knowledge of manufacturing / mechanical processes and equipment
- Strong skills utilizing Sage, Access, SharePoint desirable. Requires Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint) with the ability to learn new systems and tools quickly
- Experience designing, operating, troubleshooting, or maintaining production machinery is desirable
- Knowledge of Lean / Six Sigma theory and practices is desirable
- Good mechanical / technical skills
- Precise, detail oriented, organized
- Customer oriented
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Possess excellent leadership & teamwork abilities, and organizational skills
- Collaborative personality
Join the Xamax Team
- Please attach your resume and salary requirements