Business Development And Account Manager
This full-time sales and technical support role is responsible for account sales and supporting platinum accounts, notably thermoplastics and thermosets, while supporting sales of new products throughout Xamax. This person will work with the General Manager to provide backup technical sales support to ensure we maintain and grow our foundation accounts and grow new accounts or sell new products. S/he will be the bridge between NPD and the sales team providing technical expertise for new products to existing customers or existing products to new customers or applications. S/he will also interface with purchasing and operations to ensure we have the appropriate materials and containers and have adequate machine and operator time to meet customer deliverables.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities & Duties:
- Supports sales of Xamax composite solutions including thermoplastic and thermoset products working with the GM to ensure we are overcoming sales objectives, securing the best distribution channels and are meeting identified financial metrics
- Works with NPD to sell existing new products, facilitate development of new applications and ensure product qualification cycle-time meets customer expectations
- Recommends new products, applications and services by evaluating current product results; identifies needs to be filled
- Identifies new material sources to support new products and applications
- Facilitates the sales process by scheduling appointments; preparing presentations; following up on conversations and orders
- Supports sales by building rapport with existing or new accounts; explaining product and service capabilities; overcoming objections
- Qualifies and responds to existing or new account inquiries; providing quotations under the direction of the GM and handles any additional follow up required
- Supports expansion of sales to existing accounts or new accounts by introducing new products and services; develops new applications
- Works with sales team providing technical support on calls or Zooms explaining new product capabilities, new material specs, advantages over existing products
- 5+ years of Industrial sales or technical engineering experience, experience in FPR Thermoplastic or FRP Thermoset preferred
- BA in engineering preferably with materials or nonwoven background
- Entrepreneurial, sales support mentality
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, strong organization and attention to detail.
- Self-directed and ability to adapt to changing situations
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, ability to listen and assimilate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Knowledge of Salesforce preferred
Xamax offers competitive pay and excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k plan, generous Paid Time Off, 10 Company paid holidays, life and disability insurance and tuition assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer