Business Development And Account Manager
Xamax Industries is a diversified global supplier of high-quality products to both commercial and consumer markets. We specialize in natural and synthetic fibers, Kraft and tissue papers, thermoplastic films, natural and synthetic nonwoven fabrics, and value-added laminations and coatings which are tailored to our customers’ process and performance requirements. Xamax is an ISO certified organization located in Seymour, CT.
We are seeking a candidate to develop product and process as well as gather and evaluate competitive samples, perform tests, analyze financial and scientific results and work with internal and external staff to reach conclusions and recommendations.
- Liaise between New Product Development and internal/external test labs
- Interface with suppliers to obtain sample products, TDS and understand basic processing parameters of materials
- Prepare for and Attend manufacturing trials
- Perform basic cost analysis on experimental products encompassing materials, labor, freight, scrap & overhead
- Post evaluation and summarize lab reports of prototypes; assist on analysis
- Research competitive products
- Work with Product Development Team to Evaluate/analyze competitive samples and products
- Three to five years of experience in material manufacturing preferred, ideally in composites comprising of nonwovens, polymers, films, fibers and/or emulsions
- Engineering background required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Materials Science strongly preferred
- Knowledge of materials; thermoplastic polymers and additives, papers, synthetic non-wovens
- Knowledge of FRP (Fiber Reinforced Products), chemical engineering, plastics helpful
- Proficient with online research, data tabulation and manipulation
- Comfortable in small industrial R&D environment
- Team player with ability to work well in groups as well as independently
- Ability to travel to vendor and customer sites to perform tests and explain results
Xamax offers competitive pay and excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k plan, generous Paid Time Off, 10 Company paid holidays, life and disability insurance and tuition assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer